For more than 35 years, Mark Ivener has exclusively practiced immigration law. He has lectured on EB-5 immigration law and due diligence for numerous organizations.
A leader in his field, Mark Ivener is a founder of the National Consortium of Immigration Law Firms (IMMLAW) and the Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (ABIL). He is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (Immigration and Naturalization), the International Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers and Chambers Global and U.S.A. Also, Mark Ivener was the only immigration attorney named in the Top 100 Wealth Advisers and Managers in the Americas by Citywealth Magazine.
Areas of Practice
- Non-immigrant visas (E-1/E-2, H-1B, H-3/J-I, L-1A, L-1B, O-1, P-1 and TN)
- Immigrant visas (EB-5, PERM Labor Certifications, Aliens with Extraordinary Abilities, Advanced Degrees, Managers & Executives, Skilled Workers, etc.)
- Compliance work (I-9, H-1B, Social Security No-Match Letter Audits)
Mr. Ivener has lectured on EB-5 immigration law for the following organizations:
- "ABIL U.S. Investment Visas and Green Cards for Foreign Nationals: SESSION 1: Visa options for individual investors" ABIL Webinar, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, Mr. Ivener gave a presentation on Due Diligence for Regional Center EB-5 Green cases.
- “EB-5 Investor Green Cards,” Los Angeles County Bar Association, EB-5 Seminar, March 20, 2010, Los Angeles, California, Mr. Ivener gave an EB-5 investor Green Card presentation for investors due diligence.
- “EB-5 Regional Center Investments,” National Regional Economic Development Center Chinese Business Summit, January 4, 2010, Las Vegas, Nevada, Mr. Ivener was the main speaker.
- “Investors for Experts,” ILW.com EB-5 Seminar, Los Angeles, California, December 17, 2009, on a panel of speakers.
- “EB-5 Regional Center Investments,” NREDC, July 23, 2009, Bangkok, Thailand. Mr. Ivener was the main speaker.
- “Commercial Real Estate Purchases in the United States & the EB-5 Green Card,” Thai Appraisal Foundation, Monthly Forum, July 21, 2009, Bangkok, Thailand. Mr. Ivener was the main speaker.
- “Immigration Law Practice Success – EB-5 Marketing,” American Immigration Lawyers Association Annual Conference, June 5, 2009. Mr. Ivener was a participant on a panel discussion.
- “Interactive Multi-Jurisdictional Planning for Immigration and Expatriation Visas and EB-5.” The 2nd Annual STEP Pacific Rim Conference, May 8, 2009, Los Angeles, California. Mr. Ivener participated in discussion on immigration EB-5 residency and domicile changes.
- “Growing Your Practice in a Time of Chaos: EB-5 Marketing Options,” American Immigration Lawyers Association 2009 Midyear Conference, January 19, 2009, Aruba.
- “EB-5 Immigrant Investors: Here and Now,” ILW.com Seminar, November 20, 2008.
- “Foreign Nationals Who Should Consider EB-5 Regional Centers” and “Due Diligence Compliance and EB-5 Legal Issues,” Florida EB-5 Foreign Investor Seminar, October 24-25, 2008, Orlando, Florida.
- “Investor Visas Workshop EB-5,” ILW.com Seminar, New York, New York, December 7, 2007.
- “Investor Visas Workshop EB-5,” ILW.com Seminar, Orlando, FL, June 13, 2007.
- “Immigration For Investors: NIVs and IVs EB-5,” ILW.com Seminar, August 24, 2006.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- California State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- International Bar Association (New York, Munich and Madrid)
- Law Societies of British Columbia and Alberta
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- World Trade Institute (New York, Houston, Chicago and San Francisco)
Mr. Ivener is a prolific author. His books on immigration law include:
- Handbook of Immigration Law
- Doing Business in the USA under Free Trade
- Get the Right Visa
- A Complete Guide to Getting an American Visa (in Japanese)
- Have You Thought about Immigrating to the U.S.? (in Spanish)
In addition, Mr. Ivener has authored many articles for such publications as the International Law Journal, the Canadian-American Bar Association Newsletter, and Business and the Law.
Representative articles include:
- "Perm Labor Certification," with David Fullmer, The Immigrant Magazine, July/August, 2008.
- "Visas for Individuals with Extraordinary Ability," The Immigrant Magazine, May/June, 2008.
- "J-1 Visas for Interns and Trainees," The Immigrant Magazine, March/April, 2008.
- "Fast Track Green Cards through Investment," The Immigrant Magazine, January/February, 2008.
- “Immigration to the U.S.: Tax Planning and Fast Track EB-5 Permanent Residency,” with co-author Stephen A. Malley, The California International Law Journal, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2007. (PDF)
- "M&A And Immigration: Deals Can Affect Key Workers' Visa Status, Yet Immigration Compliance Remains An Often Overlooked Aspect Of M&A Due Diligence," Immigration Daily, 7/27/2006 (link)
- "Scrutinize Contractor Hires To Avoid Wal-Mart Problem," Immigration Daily, 7/6/2006 (link)
- "Green Cards Through Investment Typically In Less Than A Year," Immigration Daily, 3/9/2006 (link)
- “M&A and Immigration,” The Deal, September 5, 2005. (PDF)
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Founding Member, National Consortium of Immigration Law Firms (www.immlaw.com)
- Founding Member, Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (www.abil.com)