USAdvisors.org is the source for news, projects and information about EB-5 Regional Centers and their investment projects. We guide you to analysts, economists, accountants, statisticians and mathematicians that produce EB-5 Regional Center project comparative analysis reports for foreign national investors based on topics covering job creation methodology, the strategic plan, management, risk factors, risk mitigation, safety, return, exit strategy, escrow and industry overview among many others.
Joe Escalada is currently a financial analyst and a lecturer at California State University, Bakersfield.
Joe graduated Beta Gamma Sigma with an MBA from the University of California, Davis after graduating from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) with honors. He is a CFA candidate who has taken and passed all three CFA examinations.
As an analyst, Joe has provided research for several different asset classes. Joe gained mutual fund and ETF research experience while working for Charles Schwab in its center for financial research. While at Charles Schwab, he researched the consequences of qualitative mutual fund attributes on performance and created ETF lists for approval on the Charles Schwab online platform. Later, Joe researched corporate credit while working for the California Public Employees Retirement System, the largest pension fund in the United States. At present, Joe provides analysis of Australian microcap stocks and US stocks to different clients.
Passed Level III of the CFA Examination in June 2010
University of California at Davis, Davis, CA
Master of Business Administration, June 2009, GPA: 3.94, Beta Gamma Sigma
California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Pasadena, CA
Bachelor of Science, June 2003, GPA: 3.67, Graduated with Honors
Financial Analyst, Scintilla Capital, Queensland, Australia
· Recommended 50 microcap stocks based on announcements, financials, and fund guidelines.
· Valuation and monitoring of watch list companies to maintain NetSuite.com database.
· Industry coverage included microcap stocks, with emphasis on mining and energy sectors.
Instructor, Institutional and Individual Clients
· Taught chemistry to over 70 college students at California State Univeristy at Bakersfield. Created and presented course materials including exams, lectures, and iClicker quizzes.
· Conducted over 4000 online sessions with students in finance, accounting, algebra, chemistry, and geometry.
· Provided on-site finance and math tutoring for local students.
Analyst Intern, CalPERS, Sacramento, CA
· Modeled bond issuers using Bloomberg and SEC filings for the CalPERS fixed income unit.
· Industry coverage included energy, chemical, banking, and utilities sectors.
· Ad hoc research projects.
Analyst Intern, Charles Schwab, San Francisco, CA
· Improved understanding of mutual funds by expanding analysis to untapped data sources.
· Gathered fund data from Bloomberg, Morningstar, SEC filings, and surveys.
· Analyzed fund data for research, proprietary rating system, and diligence.