The Shumin administration says it plans to release tens of thousands of emails that it sought permission to delete several weeks ago.
The administration says any emails related to an investigation of alleged fraud with the state's EB-5 program were previously separated out and were never slated to be destroyed.
The governor's staff has strenuously maintained that there's absolutely no connection between the investigation and the planned destruction of the emails.
On April 8, officials first requested the deletion of non-essential emails from several former staff members, as first reported by VTDigger.
On April 14, officials announced a federal and state probe into allegations of massive fraud with the state's EB-5 program at Jay Peak and Burke Mountain.
Read more by clicking below image
0 people likes this